Not only does our beautiful Buddha Bowl pack one heck of a protein punch, but it also happens to taste just as good as it looks!
- Pumpkin, cubed
- 1 can rinsed chickpeas (patted dry)
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 grated carrot
- 3 cups greens (Lettuce/Kale/Spinach)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 avocado
- Seasoning (Salt, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper)
- Sesame seeds
- Set oven to 400 F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add chickpeas and diced pumpkin.
- Coat with olive oil, then season with salt, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Once oven is ready, add the chickpeas and pumpkin. Cook for 20 minutes or until chickpeas until golden and the pumpkin is soft.
- Meanwhile, bring the quinoa to boil in a pot with 1 ½ cups water on high. Lower heat and cook for a remaining ten minutes until all water has been absorbed.
- Assemble salad and other vegetables, add cooked quinoa, roasted chickpeas and pumpkin and garnish with sesame seeds and hummus. Salt and pepper to taste