RECIPE: Protein Packed Buddha Bowl
Not only does our beautiful Buddha Bowl pack one heck of a protein punch, but it also happens to taste just as good as it looks!
- Pumpkin, cubed
- 1 can rinsed chickpeas (patted dry)
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 grated carrot
- 3 cups greens (Lettuce/Kale/Spinach)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 avocado
- Seasoning (Salt, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper)
- Sesame seeds
- Set oven to 400 F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add chickpeas and diced pumpkin.
- Coat with olive oil, then season with salt, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Once oven is ready, add the chickpeas and pumpkin. Cook for 20 minutes or until chickpeas until golden and the pumpkin is soft.
- Meanwhile, bring the quinoa to boil in a pot with 1 ½ cups water on high. Lower heat and cook for a remaining ten minutes until all water has been absorbed.
- Assemble salad and other vegetables, add cooked quinoa, roasted chickpeas and pumpkin and garnish with sesame seeds and hummus. Salt and pepper to taste
Does this Buddha Bowl look dreamy delicious or what?! Drop us a comment below to let us know what you think!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.