Recipe: Easy Vegan Pad Thai
Makes 3-4 servings
- 200g Pad Thai Noodles
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- Half a head of broccoli, chopped
- Handful of green beans
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegan fish sauce
Optional toppings: Sesame seeds, peanuts, mung bean sprouts
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp peanut oil to a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the broccoli, beans and capsicums in their respective order. Cook for 3-4 minutes then set aside.
- In the same pan, add another 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and cook the spring onion, garlic and chilli flakes until fragrant and caramelised. Add the sauce and mix together
- Add the cooked noodles and the vegetables and mix well.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with sprouts/peanuts/sesame seeds